Saturday, July 7, 2012

Life for Pot - Release Non-Violent Drug Offenders

This is the blog for Life for Pot - A web site that highlights non-violent marijuana only offenders who have received the sentence of life without parole for marijuana offenses.



It has been a while since I posted on this blog.  For the most part this is due to the time it has taken to develop a plan for the organization Life for Pot.  Presently we are working on a project that involves senior inmates who have been imprisoned for over 15 years who have received sentences of Life Without Parole. 

Many who are displayed on the internet as receiving life without parole were postee on sites prior to their appeals being completed.  On our site we have attempted to vet these individuals and make sure that they were not released on appeal, or resentenced on appeal. 

When I find these individuals on prisoner sites I always investigate and can't rest till I know that I have not overlooked the obvious.  Recently there was an article written - I believe on alternet that was about the ten most outrageous sentences.  It included a federal inmate that had been sentenced to Life without Parole for a non-violent marijuana only offense.  The name was vaguely familiar, but I did not remember him.

He was not in the BOP data base and after some searching, I was able to find legal documents that he had been resentenced to 12 year - he has since been released. 

I would like to be able to highlight these egrigious sentences so please,  if you know of someone who should be included please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment